Day Tour Guide in Ocean Park ( Itinerary + VLOG)

8:19 PM




My last day in Hong Kong was a memorable one. I explored the biggest theme park in Hong Kong — OCEAN PARK. Though I was alone, I never had dull moments because I was entertained by the various attractions, such as the marine-life exhibitions, entertainment and of course the thrill- rides.

It was a challenge on my part because I never planned my Ocean Park adventure prior. I was supposed to go with my friends from China but there’s a change of plan; instead of joining me in the Ocean Park they chose Disneyland.

The night before my Ocean Park adventure, I purchased a ticket from Klook to avoid the queue at the ticket booth. I bought my 1-Day admission ticket for US$47.1 (Php 2380.3). If you wish to enjoy discounts, book as early as possible to avail their packages.

Additional tips before going:

Be early, plan your route and rides sequence – (The Park is really huge that you might feel overwhelmed on what rides to try first. Prioritize all the activities that capture your interest. It’s better to enjoy every ride, attractions, and entertainment without a hurry.) You may refer to this site for the complete details of your chosen attractions: Attraction and Show

Bring water bottles or tumblers -  (You'll get to have a free water refill as long as you have your own tumbler.)

Check the weather forecast - (It’s better to be prepared for the things you should bring and wear.)


I took my breakfast around 8 a.m. and after eating, I went straight to Jordan station. Good thing it is just a walking distance from the place I stayed. I hopped on the clean and efficient metro system (MTR) from Jordan station going to Ocean Park.

Starting my day with a coffee and a light breakfast
How to get there:

Jordan Station - Admiralty - Ocean Park

By MTR:

Take an MTR from Jordan station to Admiralty station and another MTR from Admiralty station to Ocean Park. It takes around 4 minutes travel from Admiralty station which is faster than taking the Citybus route 629. (Tip: If you're at the Admiralty station, always follow the GREEN color and look for South Island Line which serves Ocean Park.

Jordan Station
Admiralty South Island Line which serves Ocean Park

Jordan to Admiralty
                        

                         $10.50
Single Journey Ticket Fare - 1 Trip(s)
Admiralty to Ocean Park
$5.5
Single Journey Ticket Fare - 1 Trip(s)
(Tip: You can use your Octopus card or you can purchase a ticket at the machine)

Purchasing MTR ticket

By Citybus:

Take an MTR from Jordan station to Admiralty station and then walk to the Admiralty West Station, where you can take the local public bus line 629 to reach the Ocean Park. 
For more information, you may refer to Ocean Park Public Transportation

It was around 10:30 when I arrived at the Ocean Park. Upon entering, without any hesitation, I asked strangers to take me some photos at the entrance; I paused to snap a few photos too! I was overwhelmed at the same time puzzled on the things that I should do. Obviously, I was not prepared. I grabbed a map near the entrance gate and started exploring the park. Only then I knew that it has two parts: the Waterfront (near the entrance) and the Summit (above the mountain). 
Ocean Park Main Entrance

I started my exploit at the Waterfront since it is the nearest to the main entrance. I was amazed by my close contact with the marine creatures and its superb view. Also, I never missed the chance to see the cute pandas, unfortunately, they are just sleeping. Best time to visit the ever-so-adorable pandas is during lunchtime.

Waterfront's Attraction


Red Panda (Ailurus fulgens)

Waterfront’s attractions are fewer and don’t really require queuing. If you’re an adrenaline junkie like me, head straight to the Summit. There are two ways for you to get to the Summit; one is by cable car and the other is by train/ocean express.

Ocean Express is the park’s very own train system that looks just like a submarine! While the Cable Car is the iconic ‘ride’ which provides breathtaking and scenic views of the entire park.

For the thrill-seekers, make sure to try "The Flash", “The Hair Raiser" and the "The Abyss Turbo Drop". Personally, I tried two: The "Flash and The Hair Raiser and I definitely recommend it because it gave me that adrenaline pumping feeling. Unfortunately, I haven't tried "The Abyss Turbo Drop" since I don't have enough time. As mentioned earlier, maximize your day by heading straight to the Summit because trying first the popular rides and shows will save your time.
Ocean Park Express
Summit's Attraction & Rides


After finishing the exhilarating  rides and shows at the Summit, I head back down to The Waterfront.  Unfortunately, there were no cable cars available that time since it’s already closed so I hopped on again to the train or what they call Ocean Express and visited the Old Hong Kong located at the Waterfront.

Old Hong Kong is the ultimate retro zone. It is the park's tribute to the Hong Kong of the 50's, 60's, and 70's; it is a beautiful and authentic replica of the old city. Moreover, it brings back the memories of the cultural heritage and brings the feeling of "yesterday once more" of the good old days of the territory. 


I spent almost 8 hours exploring the Park but still, I was not able to visit and experience all the attractions. Nevertheless, it was one of the best days of my life. I’m definitely coming back to complete my experience!

Ending Hong Kong tour with a sensory-busting experience at the Ocean Park, I realized I was "saving the best for last".

Watch the whole video I filmed during my visit to Ocean Park.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. 




Did you like this article?  Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for more travel updates!

XOXO,
Rothessa Jane 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Sounds like a very busy and fun day for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that! hehe Esp. when you're not planning at all! hahaha 😂😂

      Delete
  2. This place looks like so much fun!! Beautiful place and super cool pics! Thanks for sharing this amazing experience. :)

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook